The New Corporate Responsibility: Social Impact
On November 8, 2018, Sagamore Institute hosted the 4th Annual Indiana Conference on Citizenship and inaugural Pitch Competition at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis. For more about the event, click here.
The five companies selected to compete on the Pacers court for the pitch competition are fighting some of the most daunting statistics in America:
- 31% of nation’s homeless population is age 50 or older
- African American home ownership is 41.7% (50 year low)
- In one of the world’s highest food producing states, 15% of Indiana’s population is food insecure (urban and rural)
- 64,070 Americans died of addiction overdose last year – 21% increase
- US has 4% of world’s population but 22% of its prisoners – 4 in 10 return to prison
Click an image below to learn more about the five finalist companies.