providing space for renewal, community and development in under-resourced neighborhoods with one great cup of coffee at a time
- Provide a place for youth to access free wi-fi, meet with mentors, and receive free tutoring from IUPUI student volunteers.
- Be a place where all are welcome, and bridges can be built between the new members coming into the community and the ones who have been there.
- Offer youth a venue to display their musical and artistic talents.
- Provide meeting space for local businesses, community leaders and developers to broker deals.
- Provide space to bring life and celebration into the community.
- And, most of all, providing excellent coffee drinks in an atmosphere of joy, peace and renewal.
The mission of River West Coffee and Tea is to serve an underdeveloped community through a coffee shop. We are committed to serving a quality product in a safe environment for all; and training, and developing as many students as we are able to along the way. This is an area where the opioid crisis is real and where too many youth lack hope. River West Coffee will provide space for our fellow youth workers to mentor students, help them identify what their purpose is, encourage them to trust God for a greater story for their lives than they can imagine. All of this will be accomplished through a coffee house-a space that is currently not available.
ABOUT BO AND MARCIA
Residents of the River West community, Bo and Marcia have over 35 years of working with and discipling youth through the ministry of Cru, High School and their local church. During that time, they helped start Cru High School in the cities of Bucharest and Timisoara, Romania. Marcia was instrumental in developing the international projects department with Cru High School, seeing it grow from one trip to one country to over 20 opportunities to as many countries in a period of 4 years. Bo is a gifted people developer and was instrumental in the promotion of many of his direct reports during his tenure with one of the largest shipping companies in the US. Both Bo and Marcia are gifted in hospitality and resourcing others to reach their God-given potential. They are currently the owners and operators of River West Coffee and Tea, a mobile espresso bar, as they refine their talents as baristas, business owners, and prepare for the transition to a brick and mortar location.
In the News
“River West Coffee & Tea revs up on near-west side” – Indianapolis Business Journal
“One of the newest River West small businesses” – Source River West
Disclaimer: this page is for informational purposes only. You should not construe any information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained in these materials constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer.